Friday, August 12, 2016

Transfer to Greenwich

August 10, 2015


I got transferred. All good. Im now in greenwich with a good friend of mine from the city Elder Brown from new Zealand. It will be awesome to work with him hes a great missionary and very focused on the work. Greenwich is a mostly Chinese area and ive been told that is is the second best area in the mission the city being the first. Im really excited to go out and smash the work here. we both got shotguned in meaning we are both new to the area so we have to start from scratch im excited for the work and the fruit we will see in this area. ill send pictures next week because this computer has broken usb ports. Yesterday elder brown and i went finding and found 2 solid potentials who will come to church on sunday. Also  my first area is very close by and when they have baptisms (Usually every other week) they will come to our chapel so we will get to see everyone again. I heard that Jo (someone who Elder white and i have been working with a long time ago) got baptized im so happy for him. Also While we were finding i said hello to a man walking past and he came up to me and pushed me then started to yell saying " Get the hint i hate you because you are religious so you hate gays" Then walked away. Its sad to see our brothers and sisters that are blinded by stereotypes i dont hate him i honestly wish he would learn and come unto Christ so he can be happy. Everyone in the world is looking for 2 things 1 to be happy and 2 who they are. We are so lucky that we know who we are and how we can be happy even within trial. Something that heavenly father has blessed me with recently is to see. When we go street contacting i can easily see who is hurt, sad, stressed, or a heavy soul. But sometimes people dont want to accept help when it comes their way. That is why pride is such a deadly sin. but we have to keep trying. isaiah 61:1-4 " The spirit of the lord god is upon me because the lord has anointed me to preach good tidings to the meet. he hath sent me to bind uo the broken hearted to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prision to them that are bound. to proclaim the acceptable year of the lord and the day of vengeance of our god to comfort all that morn. To appoint unto them that morn in zion to give them beauty for ashes the oil of joy for morning the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness that they might be called the trees of righteouness  the planting of the lord that he may be glorified."  if we do this then the people we will help " And they shall build up the old wastes they shall raise up the former desolations and they shall repair the waste cites the desolations of many generations." Im so excited to get to work and im so grateful for all the revelation my heavenly father has given me and the opening of my eyes. " I will serve thee forever my god and the rock of my salvation"

No comments:

Post a Comment